Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminGuillaume Gautreau (Admin, jQRangeSlider) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Very nice, Phillip. The only problem is how the handle no longer aligns properly with the slider point as you move it to the far left side. The right side works perfectly.

• Phillip commented  · 

For anyone who needs a single slider, here's how I managed it.

- Wrap the slider element in a "singleSlider" DIV so it can be targeted.

- Use CSS to hide the left elements and bar, and create a narrow bar at the right handle with :after.

- Bind a function to the "valuesChanged" event, resetting the min value to the sliders min bounds, locking it in place.

Here's a demo showing it in action: http://jsfiddle.net/ecurtain/PdtbA/2/

• Anonymous commented  · 

But JQuery UI has no support for dates... your plugin is so cool you should add single slider option, I would love use it for this :)

• wayne commented  · 

I would like this also, the jQuery UI slider does not allow steps easily.

• AdminGuillaume Gautreau (Admin, jQRangeSlider) commented  · 

jQuery UI provides a widget for this : jQuery Ui slider. You can use it, as its purpose is to display a single slider.

jQRangeSlider was made to allow selecting ranges, which cannot be done simply with jQuery UI slider.

• Alun commented  · 

Would also appreciate this option, would be a viable alternative to the HTML5 input type="range" until it has half decent browser support

• Simon commented  · 

YES YES YES. PLEASE!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base